· According to the result of the agreement in question, 56% of the consumers in Turkey find and opportunity to travel more than once a year.
· 95% of the individuals who are going on a holiday prefer staying in Turkey whereas the preference of 44% of these individuals is to go the holiday resorts offering the option of sea.
· A significant amount of Turkish vacationers decide their holiday program at the last moment despite of early booking campaigns. Almost half of the participants of the survey makes their holiday plans only 1-2 weeks before they go on a holiday.
· 80% of the participants of the survey do research on the Internet through search engines while they are planning their holidays and almost two third of them prefer to visit 3-5 different web pages.
· About 90% of the consumers state that Google is effective in finding the best price, making a more conscious decision and compare different alternative whereas 67% of them assert that Google is effective in terms of changing their minds while purchasing any holiday program.
· Face to face interviews were made with 2.000 people in 14 cities. Among these 2.000 people, the answers provided by the participants who have bought any tourism product within the last 12 months were predicated upon.
· 1008 of the interviewed 2000 people bought a tourism product within the last 12 months. What is meant with a tourism product is the products included within the scope of ticket, car rental, hotel etc. all of which are involved in the tourism industry.
· 49% of the group participating in the survey consist of women whereas 51% of them consists of men.
· When we look at the educational backgrounds of the participants, on the other hand, it can be seen that 41% of them graduated from high school; 14% of them graduated from university; 15% of them graduated from secondary school; 20% of them are studying undergraduate and post-graduate programs and 10% of them graduated from primary school.
· The average of age is 34. Socio-economical status distribution consists of 34% AB Group, 40% C1 Group and 27% C2 Group.
· Tour operators and travel agencies generally spend 75% of their advertisement budget for newspaper advertisements. The remaining 25% budget, on the other hand, is shared among brochures, catalogues, TV, outdoor advertisement areas and Internet.
· Two third of the consumers plan their holidays within the last one month.
· The rate of the ones who plan their holidays within the last one month is about 67%.
· 46% of the participants start to plan their holidays within the last 2 weeks.
· The rate of the ones planning their holidays prior to 1-3 months is 25%; this rate increases up to 34% at the age group of 45-64.
· Turkish society does not tend to make long-term plans as a habit.
· The rate of the ones who went on holiday within the last one year is 48%. This rate varies depending on the region. This rate increases up to 66% in Eastern Anatolia and Southeast Anatolia Regions.
· The number of the people who go on holiday more than 5 times is 9%. The region increasing the general average is Aegean Region. Short term holidays in Izmir and such other cities increase this rate.
· What are the most intensively purchased tourism products?
§ Intercity bus tickets are on the first rank.
§ Hotel accommodations and flight tickets are on the second rank.
§ Hotel and flight tickets are quite close to each other; the rate of hotel accommodation is 24% whereas the rate of flight ticket is 23%.
· What are the trends in terms of holiday type preferences?
§ 44% of the participants prefer spending their holidays maritime.
§ 35% of them prefer family, relative and friend visits.
§ 8% involve city tours.
§ 6% involve mountain tourism.
§ 4% involve cultural travels.
§ Tourism professionals spend 75% of their advertisement budget for newspapers; however, 75% of the consumers almost never review the newspapers.
§ The newspapers on which 75% of the advertisement expenditures are made are on the 5th rank.